Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Saturday, September 10, 2005

Letters from Patrick

Yesterday, something happened that made me smile and laugh out loud for the first time in days. I was going through boxes of memories in an attempt to find something of Patrick's. The first box I opened I found exactly what I was looking for.
When I opened the box I found a letter, on a clip board. The letter was folded neatly in half and was perfect. It was like the letter was written an hour before I found it. It was written to me from Patrick, dated April 23, 1995. On the front it said...Marlana....Marlana
The letter was Patrick talking about our friendship and love for each other. The letter was filled with thank yous from the past and a seek peak into the future.
I called Kate because I couldn't wait to tell her that I found a piece of Patrick from ten years ago. Who would have thought that something written that long ago could help get me through a day when I could see no light.
To hear that Fran and Kate both found letters yesterday in perfect condition from Patrick lifted my spirit.
Kate, Tai and I planned to meet last night. The night was expected to hold tears and alot of laughs.
Last night as we made a toast to Patrick, we laughed, smiled, and we all agree that Patrick was not going to let us go through this alone. He was not going to let Kate and I cry at a bar for him, while Tai held us and gave us those hard bar napkins to wipe our tears, but he was going to make sure that we all had a really great story to tell.
- Marlana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home