Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Friday, September 09, 2005

Patrick's Letters

I do not know how else to title this. I want to first say that after you read this please check back as there will be 2 more added post under as this story has a continuation....
Last night Thursday I decided that after being boggled by funeral arrangements I would take a break from the phone and go start looking for pictures of Patrick in my memory boxes in the crawl space in the basement. Now my memory boxes are actually 50 gallon rubbermaid totes,overflowing to the brim. I throw whatever I want to save in those boxes at any given time. I started them 23 years ago. I rifled through those boxes last June when my son graduated from High School looking for mementos of his school years starting with kindergarten. Needless to say everything just got tossed back in no order and shoved and crushed to fit. I went through the boxes again this June when my grandson was born now searching for baby pictures to compare of him and my son. Keep in mind the pictures are not in albums just tossed in with everything else. Again everything is tossed back in. Well the first box I open on top of everything sits a letter written to me from Patrick. Undamaged,not faded or yellowed and dated 3/9/95. I prefer not to share the whole letter but just some exerts as follows: Dear Fran, Let me start this letter off by saying I do Love you,and Tony & Jenna with all my heart. I'm learning to succeed in life,and have pride and have my family proud of me. I am aware of my possibilities and I'm aware of the dynamics surrounding this household and this family. With Love, Patrick. Anyway it managed to once again start the tears flowing. When I got up this morning I got a call from Kate and I said to her I have to share what happened to me last night with you regarding Patrick. I preceded to tell her the story and I hung up with promises of talking again later in the day after she talked to Marlana. I did talk to her once more and she had something to add and share of my letter from Patrick.I am going to leave the story here for Marlana to pick up....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home