Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Friday, September 09, 2005

Remembering

Marlana commented earlier - but its such a great comment, I wanted to post it so all can easily share in her memories...
___________________________________________


Marlana said...

My mind has been flooded with millions of memories of my friend Patrick over the past few days. My heart has not yet stop aching. I know I am not alone in this feeling, and to all of you that are suffering like I am, I am so sorry. Let's remember Patrick !!

When I met Patrick, we were at bar bar in NJ, both of us trying to blend in because we were 18 years old. Patrick was listening in on a conversation that I was having with another friend. Patrick was laughing so hard at what we were talking about he immediately got my attention. We became best friends overnight.

Anyone who has ever met Patrick, has had their lives changed for the better. Patrick's free spirit was filled up with love and devotion. Not only for all of his family and friends, but for strangers that he would meet on the street. He was truly an angel on earth...OK maybe not an angel all of the time, but definitely most of the time.

The greatest gift that Patrick has given to all of us was himself. He gave with every thing that he had, always 100%. When Patrick put his arms around you to hug you, you can feel how much he loved you. Patrick's smile could light up a room. Patrick's voice would calm anyone who would listen.

I could tell a billion PK stories, but so can everyone else. My greatest Patrick Kirk memory is every single one of them. I for one am so grateful he came home to all of us over the holidays. He brought us all together in one place to be with him, because he loved us all so much.
My best friend, my brother figure, will never die in my heart.

Marlana Caprara

1 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Marlana,
You have been able to find the words that truly present Patrick in his true spirit and the story about how you met him made me laugh because again that was Patrick. Thank-You for taking the time to compose those words as I know your heart is broken and it took a lot of effort to be able to do that. If it is of any comfort to you he felt you were his best friend and sister to.
Fran

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home