Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Flagging


For older folks (like me) who may be reading this, it's easier to figure out what "flagging" is if you see a picture. It is a phenomenon (that I missed completely) at nightclubs and parties. Young people do it to music while they’re dancing. Kind of like a baton or flag twirler in a parade (or those people in the Olympics with the ribbons.) I hope this helps any youth challenged viewers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victor said...

Kate,
I'm sad we didn't get to spend much time together. By the time I found out who you were, it was time to say good-bye.

I want to share one thing with you.
Brian reminded me of Patrick's visit this past Christmas. He came in and got settled at our house. We were sitting, talking in the living room. He jumpped up, ran upstairs, and came flying down the steps with this contraption he had in his luggage. It was long a long string (or strings) with plastic ball(s) attached. He proceded to "activate" lights inside by pushing some switch. then, he started swinging this thing around in circles. The lighted ball swinging in a circle, naturally, attracted the cat. He continued (for what seemed like an hour) to swing this ball of destruction close to our poor cat's head. Finally I had to plead with him to stop before she got hurt.

Everyone who knows me, has no doubt why I have no kids of my own.

Your poor dog must have been terrorized!!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home