Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Sunday, September 10, 2006

1303

Hey, Patrick. I went down to 1303 last night. You weren't home. Not surprising as you hadn't lived there in a decade, but that's where I knew you, and that's your home to me. The building is still full of hipsters and art students and bikes and dogs. It makes me happy to know that people are still having conversations much like ours inside those apartments. It's been a year, and I still miss you, but now, when I think of you, I'm more often happy than sad. I hope everyone who loved you is well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Victor Kirk said...

Megan,
I don't know when this happened but, that property has been renovated (on the outside at least) I usually look over whenever I drive by.
It's been an eternity since those days.....

9:00 PM  
Blogger tai said...

aahh.. 1303 s. broad...i have incredibly fond memories of living there with patrick..the graffiti walls, listening to hookers' tales on the "broad st. beach", people watching out of the grand windows...you brought back some nice thoughts for me meg..thanx tai.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home