Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Friday, November 04, 2005

2 months and the Holidays

I cannot believe it is 2 months already. So many memories have been flashing back. It only seems like yesterday that he was here in my house suprising me on Christmas Day. This is the most recurring memory as the holidays are fast approaching. I wanted to call him and tell him about the new decoration I bought. An 8 foot snow globe to put on the front lawn. I wasn't going to decorate this Christmas. Just didn't think I could find the spirit. But then I remembered how Patrick got such a big kick out of video taping me and all my "toys" last year that I changed my mind.
I will be able to remember his laugh as I put up each toy and remember how much fun I had showing him what each one did. I will remember how Ray told me that Patrick loved to collect novelty toys and how his apartment was filled with them. Anything that blinked! Mine is anything animated. Wonder why we got such a thrill out of this? Especially since Patrick was spoiled as a child and got every new toy on the market each year. It brought back a memory of a long ago Christmas that Patrick was about 18 months old and we bought him every gadget there was and the whole family was in a circle playing toys and we looked around to realize WHERE WAS PATRICK? Of course! He was in the kitchen rolling a potatoe around the kitchen floor! LOL! So to keep that laugh alive I will be playing Patrick singing away in the manger as I put up each toy and remember when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home