Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dear Patrick,

The service was really nice last Saturday. It was a beautiful day. The ceremony was very tasteful and I thought the space was quite elegant (even if I do say so myself).
Almost everyone was there. (Standing room only!)
Ray delivering the urn, symbolizing bringing his friend home from Alaska, was a wonderful touch. He really values your friendship and you mean a lot to him.
Father Jerry's blessing and prayers were comforting. He went back to Italy so we didn't get to thank him for his participation that day. (I just don't know why he kept calling you Patrick Josep)
Dad’s story about you running from the "gorilla woman" at the amusement park was cute. He and Shirley were so happy when you surprised them at Disney World this past Christmas. They really miss you and I know dad can't wait to see you again.
Tai's song was perfect. He knows you were trying to call him on Labor Day. We told him you were looking for him. You shouldn't have told him his heart was on his right side of his chest.
Roger is such a sweet guy. His poem was beautiful. He gave me the recording you made for my birthday a few years ago.
Marlana’s eulogy made me cry the hardest. She is really having a tough time with this. You know she was in a car accident last week right? Thank God she had a guardian angel with her or she could have been a lot worse ;)
You probably did tell me but, since I only half listen when you talk about your friends, I dont remember you mentioning how wonderful Kate is! She is like a little tornado. She did so much planning and organizing. The picture boards were so detailed and meticulous. I think she had pictures of every person you ever met pasted on them. Kate also tracked down a copy of your recordings from Kevin Walker at Millennium Studios. (I thought the studio stories were exaggerated....sorry!) Needless to say, everyone loves the songs especially because of your powerful voice. There wasn't a dry eye in the chapel after "Bring Him Home" played.
You are lucky to have such amazing people in your life (and so many of them!).
For example, Robert Drake, who made the entire community aware of this day in history and created this remarkable blog for us all to share. (I've been meaning to ask you....why does everyone always refer to him by his first and last name??)
Fran was quite busy pulling all the details together (and making me pull my hair out). She thought of everything. She spoke to Robert Drake, Kate from Philly, Kate from Arizona, Donna, Tammy, Kelly, Ray, Marlana, Roger, Jeff, and thousands of other people to make sure everyone knew about the arrangements and kept us all up to date with every detail.

It's hard to believe today is one full month since we spoke. Remember the last thing we talked about? It was the story you told me about Fran. You were looking for Tai and she was telling you that "he lives in Pennsylvania, you know....the place where the Jewish people live." You said "Fran...where the Jewish people live?" and she replied "Yeah, you know, with the horse and buggies."

I can still hear you laughing as we ended our call screaming.....Amish!!

I miss you my brother.
love,Vic



Marc Mittman contacted me. We didn't reach him in time so he didn't know about the service. I'm posting a picture he sent.




1 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Now Patrick you know I tried calling you just a few hours after you talked to Vic. I left you a message. I know you also know that I will now pretend that Vic and you were not once again making fun of me! I have to commend Vic on his letter to you and agree on all the parts except about me! I am also suprised that he didn't tell you in my eulogy I was talking about the song I most loved hearing you sing...What's goin on (except I said 3 non blondes instead of 4)I know I know your laughing... and that's okay..Because that's one of the things I so miss about talking to you. I love you...Fran

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home