Remembering Patrick

To post your thoughts, email friendsofpatrick@gmail.com to subscribe.



On September 4, 2005, Patrick Kirk crossed over to a higher plane, at the age of 33. His ashes were interred at Harleigh Cemetery in Camden, N.J. Sept. 24


Wednesday, October 19, 2005

received from another friend of patrick's:

Please let me say how sorry I am for Patrick's death. Sadly, I must admit that I haven't seen or spoke with Patrick for the last 10 yrs., but I feel like I need to share just one more story of what a wonderful person and friend he was to me at a time in my life when I wasn't sure if I was coming or going. I was in such an emotional state and really had no idea at that time how bad it really was. I had known Patrick since high school and he was always a motivated, energized, caring, friendly, outgoing person but not until after high school did I realize what an unbelievable friend he was. He knew I was an emotional trainwreck even when I didn't!

I was supposed to be planning a wedding that I wasn't really sure of and I had just had my 2nd child so I had the baby blues on top of being in a disastrous relationship. Patrick would call me just to say "hi", If he sensed that I was feeling "down", I could count on him knocking at my door with movies, wanting to take me to Philly to photgraph me in the city all day. He wanted me to feel good about me. He truly effected my life. If I was in a good mood he would go with me to look at rental halls or caterers..if I was having a bad day then he made it a day about making me feel good. Whatever kind of day I was having, he wanted to be a part of it. -no matter what! That's what kind of person he was. Although I realize that this is just another confirmation of what kind of person Patrick was, I needed to share it. I truly don't know how I could have made it without him.

I will miss him greatly and regret the fact that I can never see him again or thank him for being the amazing human being he was!

My regrets to his entire family and friends (nationwide apparently) for this huge loss.

-michele in cape may, nj

2 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Dear Michelle,
Thank-You for posting. The family really appreciates hearing from everyone and please don't feel like your just confirming what we already know.. It is a unique piece of Patrick that we are glad you were able to share. It is with this blog that we can continue to keep Patrick close to us.I am sure if Patrick knew of a way to contact you in the last 10 years he certainly would have.As I am sure you were never forgotten by him. That was one of the beautiful things about my brother...if you were a friend it was for life.
Fran

7:57 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Fran,

Publish for me about Patrick....I had trouble doing it..... it is a response for Michelle.

Hi Michelle,

Let me first say that you're like such a brave individual in search of your self and what is right. I knew Patrick and I humbly say that I knew of his kindness, love and respect for the human soul. I am glad that you were touched. I as especially touched that were touched by Partick. He has and will be the saint that moved mountains in people. His effect on me was so very scuttle, but the impact of whom he was cannot be fully explained. In retrospect, I loved this boy. Yea, I can say boy, because most of my memories of Pat were at a point in his live was he was only 13 to about 20. Without a doubt, he was much more in tune to what life is really about. His few, but kind, of full of sense words were a heart healer for me and I want the opportunity to tell him that he was special, unique and someone the world needed and still needs. I can only trust that God saw a more needed existed for his permanent home. That place where God asked him to go is blessed with the many traits of a warm, loving, honest, fair and comforting individuals.

Patrick, I forgot to tell you that I missed out on more of your love and your giving personality. That is all my lost, my friend. I love you and I thank you for the small but important ways allowing me to see my importance of an individual. Patrick, I love you and thank you and now I know Michelle also thanks you for being the beautiful, loving person you are! I love you and miss you. The thought of never seeing you in this world makes a little hole in my heart ache for fullment. Help to heal me Pat, you are at God's right hand, an angel of mercy and an angel of fun for those without the experience of fum. You are helping with the healing of those who need it most. Bye, you sweet boy. You are in connect with love that creates and peace that creates unitary. I know for a long time you felt we were in the middle of something terrible. But let me say this, Patrick, you handled it with more dignity and love than anyone I know. I love you! Thanks for warming my cold soul.


Al Martino
mrmteach@aol.com

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home